Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Always compare prices when purchasing from private shopping clubs (sample sale sites, flash sale sites)

While I love private shopping clubs and we buy most of our clothing, shoes and accessories there, it is always a good idea to compare prices at least with Amazon. Besides price comparison Amazon has plenty of reviews which help a lot to make an educated purchase.

Zulily private shopping club offers Magformers building sets today. Amazon has very good reviews of these products. We own the Magformers Magnetic Building Construction Set - 62 Piece Designer Set and we do love it. Moreover I wanted to buy a bigger set.

See the video showing how it works and I'm sure you will be amazed:

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJtBUcCO_NM&w=420&h=315]

The good thing about Zulily is that you can get notifications about your favorite brands by hitting the "Add to my favorites" links. I did that for Magformers. But unfortunately I wasn't impressed by the prices on this sale. The prices are identical or even lower on Amazon. The best example is the Magformers 112 Challenger Set.

Price on Amazon - $123.22

Magformers 112 Challenger Set at Amazon

Price on Zulily - $139.99

Magfomers_Challenger 112 Piece Magnetic Set at Zulily

Moreover Amazon will ship much faster and offers free shipping when spending $25 and more (some exceptions apply when buying from Amazon sellers and not Amazon itself).

Despite the fact that I like Zulily, I always compare prices. I skip this when buying clothing and shoes most of the time, but mostly when I see the brands that I know well. In many other cases I compare prices and read reviews, and I highly recommend you to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment