Tuesday, January 18, 2011

www.shipito.com complaints: Reports that Shipito is a scam, fraud

Are there any complaints about www.shipito.com? Is Shipito a scam or fraud?

What is Shipito?



www.shipito.com allows you to shop in the USA. and have packages forwarded to you by USPS, Fedex, Shipito Air Mail,...

Company information:
Shipito
2972 Columbia St., Torrance, CA 90503, USA
Torrance, California, United States of America

Shipito services:



  • VIRTUAL MAILBOX - unlimited size. Consolidation and free storage up to 45 days.

  • MAGAZINES and LETTERS are mailed out for just $1. Postage for a magazine is $2.65 anywhere in the world.

  • INDIVIDUAL PACKAGES with no monthly or set up fee. $8.50 per package + postage

  • ONLINE ACCOUNT. Details about each package including its tracking number. Select the best shipping method. Email notifications.

  • PACKAGE CHECK - they can check content of your package, making sure everything is in good shape and nothing is missing.

  • RETURNS and REFUNDS - Help with returns and refunds for products.

  • ASSISTED PURCHASES in stores which require complicated verifications or accept only US credit cards.

  • Assisted purchases in OFFLINE STORES.



Is Shipito a scam or fraud?


Shipito is one of the largest freight forwarders. It has tens of thousands of customers from all over the world. Shipito Facebook page has more than 5'000 likes:

Shipito on Facebook

Several friends of mine suggested me this service. Last year I decided to try it myself. I joined it on November 2010. Shipito has consolidated 100+ my packages saving me several thousands of dollars on shipping.

[caption id="attachment_1716" align="alignnone" width="302" caption="Shipito package consolidation savings"]Shipito package consolidation savings[/caption]

I have sent 20+ packages from Shipito using USPS. I received all of them. No items lost or damaged. I'm happy with the service.

What are the main complaints about Shipito?



  • You need to provide them some documents like scans of your IDs and utility bill. If you don't provide them, you won't be able to spend much on the service.

  • If you pay for their service by a debit/credit card or paypal, they charge you additional 4.13%. You can also make a wire transfer and they will charge you a fixed amount of $16.

  • Hidden fees. You can find all the fees their charged me here and here.



Can you recommend www.shipito.com?


Absolutely

If you think that Shipito is a scam, fraud, or want to report unauthorized debit/credit card charges, rip off, poor service, please leave your comment.

4 comments:

  1. I got a quote from Shipito before I bought to make sure it was viable. The quote I got was $13 to send 1 pair of jeans to Australia. I paid Shipito the $8.50 then got the item sent to them. Now they want $53.00 to send it to me. Almost 3 times what the item cost. When I complained to them they asked me for more money and then they would try and get a cheaper rate for me. BEWARE BIG SCAM........DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just enter correct information into Shipito calculator:



    Shipito Air Mail would have been a cheaper option for you.

    Anyway it doesn't make any sense to send one cheap item to Australia from the USA. My packages are much heavier and usually contain more than 10 items, so I get very reasonable rates on shipping:
    http://realbargain.wordpress.com/2011/01/31/some-samples-on-how-much-it-costs-to-send-packagesparcels-to-russia-using-shipito/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't really like their services so far. I have to send them a notarized form 1583 by post to verify my account. They should have told me this before I signed up! If I knew this in advance, I don't think I would have opened an account with them. As now I have my package in their warehouse with free storage for 7 days, after which they'll start charging me for storage by the day. But they refuse to ship my package to me because they need me to completely verify my account by sending a notarized form 1583 by post. It's all very confusing! Oh, and they also need 2 IDs and your utility bills! Only banks need this, in my experience, I know of no other businesses who want your IDs. I don't know, they are just a mail forwarding company!! I heard so many positive comments about them on the net, I thought they would be safe to deal with. Basically, after I'm done with this shipment and have my package forward to me, I'm done with shipito!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do require you to send them some documents to verify your account. This might be frustrating, but this is how they avoid scammers and offer one of the best fees (otherwise you would have to pay for frauds from other customers).

    I didn't like the idea of sending the documents to Shipito as well, especially the notarized form 1583. But I did it once and I have been using them for about a year now (My Virtual Mailbox account will expire in 7 days, but I'm going to pay for the next year).

    Shipito has about 80'000 clients. I guess most of them have verified their accounts by providing at least some documents. I didn't send them the notarized form 1583. I just signed the form myself and sent it to them. My account is still not verified completely, but I was able to process 64 packages with them and sent 14 consolidated packages to Russia:



    I have a spending monthly limit of $1131, but you may have a higher one if you're from a more reliable country than Russia. And you can always make a wire transfer to spend more.

    ReplyDelete