Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sierra Trading Post problem: Your order is being held. The name and address of the credit card holder does not match the bank's records.

Sierra Trading Post is one of the best online stores offering sporting goods and outdoor gear. It allows to save 35-70% every day.

I tried to make an purchase at Sierra Trading Post and ship my order to my package forwarder Shipito. I used Shipito virtual address for shipping and billing. I was able to make it, but then my order was put on hold:

[caption id="attachment_1861" align="alignnone" width="583" caption="Sierra Trading Post: Your order is being held"]Sierra Trading Post: Your order is being held[/caption]

Subject: "Please Respond: Order #EXXXXXXXX On Hold Pending Response"
Message:
Your order is being held.

Customer Number: PXXXXXXXX

Order Number: EXXXXXXXX

Dear Vasya Pupkin,

Thank you for your recent order.

Unfortunately, it is being delayed because:

The name and address of the credit card holder does not match the bank's records. Please call your bank to confirm your billing address, then contact us by email or phone to provide updated information.

Please contact us immediately to verify your foreign credit card billing address.

Please refer to your order number and your customer number when responding to this letter.

Your merchandise will be held for 7 days. If we do not hear from you, we will cancel your order. If you have already taken care of this over the phone, please disregard this notice.

We apologize for the delay, and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,
Sierra Trading Post
Customer Service Department


It was easy to resolve the problem. I just had to contact support once. I have explained that I was paying with my Russian debit card, but used my Shipito virtual address in Torrance, California for both shipping and billing. I also added that this worked fine in other shops including similar once like the Department Of Goods and Altrec (which is true).

Got my order without any problem. Luckily our ski pants and underwear had come before this year's abnormally freezing temperature affected us. So we've been enjoying them this winter.

Happy shopping!

p.s.
Use the following link to register at Sierra Trading Post and you will get $10 just for signing up:
www.sierratradingpost.com/invite~3095691/outlogic/

2 comments:

  1. Hurrah! Finally I got a web site from where I be able to really
    obtain helpful data regarding my study and knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been exploring for a bit for any high-quality articles or blog posts
    in this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo I eventually stumbled upon this site.
    Studying this info So i'm

    satisfied to show that I have an incredibly just right uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed.
    I such a lot

    indubitably will

    make certain to do not overlook this site and give it
    a look regularly.

    ReplyDelete