Saturday, February 12, 2011

www.applian.com complaints: Reports that Applian Technologies is ascam, fraud

Are there any complaints about www.applian.com? Is Applian Technologies a scam or fraud?

What is Applian Technologies (www.applian.com)?
Applian Technologies (pronounced uh-ply-uhn) develops and provides world-class affordable streaming media recording software to the Windows user.

Applian Technologies is a privately held company based in San Anselmo, CA.


Applian Technologies software:

  • Replay Media Catcher

  • Replay Video Capture

  • Replay Converter

  • Replay Music

  • Replay Telecorder for Skype

  • Video Padlock

  • Replay AV

  • Replay Media Splitter

  • Replay Player

  • At-Large Recorder

  • Fast Video Download

  • Freecorder

  • Ask & Record Toolbar

  • Applian FLV Player


Applian Technologies software is fully DMCA compliant, and do not decrypt or otherwise circumvent strong copy protection mechanisms in violation of international laws. However, 99% of all streaming video and music is unprotected, so with Replay Media Catcher, Replay AV, Replay Video Capture, Replay Music you'll be able to capture and save almost everything you find on the Internet.


Is Applian Technologies (www.applian.com) a scam or fraud?
Some users complained that FREE products by Applian Technologies are bundles with spyware and malicious adware:

Fast Video Download is good but I hate the latest version because it has loaded Freecorder into my computer and it brings up adverts all over my browser. I hate it and I can't get rid of it! 
 
Got probably Numerous Malware and unwanted Plug-In and Addons trought this. Things like Insta-Share. My Antivirus showed up more than 5 Viruses. Can't recommend.




This add on installs "search menu" which cannot be removed - interferes with both searches and operation of Firefox, and is basically a pain in the you know what to live with. Tried to use the link to get tech support and it now redirects to another unrelated site promoting other softwares instead. I SO wish I could recover one of the earliest versions that worked so well - used to be a pretty good tool.

I've been a fan of FVD ever since it was recommended to me. But, with great regret, I'm removing it because of the TERRIBLE "searchmenu" add-on - which I do NOT remember being asked if I wished to install. I am fed up of it bumping my google searches down the page with spurious irrelevant - and sometimes offensive - sponsored ads. The big issue is that this occurs just as I'm clicking (often the top) link - so I get redirected to pages (often triggering pop-ups) I don't want. Bad move by a previously great add-on :-(((

As said by others, this corrupts searching. It inserts links to bad sites, when doing google seraches. Since I also have WOT (Web Of Trust) installed, it informed me of the problem.Was a pain in the neck to find who the bad guy was that was doing this and it was this add-on.Avoid it like the plague!

Fast Video Download is not the only free software from Applian Technologies that got complains. You may also read multiple stories on the Internet about Freecorder in conjunction with malware, spyware, troyan.

More facts:

Summarizing the above mentioned information I strongly recommend to avoid any software sold by the company. Poor ethics and online reputation is visible with a naked eye.

What are the main complaints about Applian Technologies?
If you navigate to the Applian User Forums, you will see lots of negative feedback, complaints and problems. But the the most alarming thing is bundling software with spyware or malware. When you see such an unethical behavior, I strongly recommend to avoid any products sold by the company.

Can you recommend www.applian.com software?
Absolutely not

If you think that Applian Technologies is a scam, fraud, or want to report unauthorized debit/credit card charges, rip off, poor service, please leave your comment.

2 comments:

  1. I have downloaded the FREECORDER standalone last moth, it is a great recorder internet audio, but one week I later I reinstall My windows XP so my freecorder already removed as well. I want to re-install back the Freecorder but I forgot to save the Installer and try to search in google but cannot find. Anyone could help me where I find the FREECORDER STANDALONE (I am only interested in standalone since it's simple and easy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really know what you mean by Freecorder standalone, but you can contact Applian support to find out how to download it.

    Freecorder 2 can be downloaded from its homepage:
    http://www.applian.com/freecorder2/index.php

    Freecorder Toolbar can be found at http://www.applian.com/sound-recorder/

    ReplyDelete